THE ROTARY CLUB OF COVINGTON
P.O. Box 8401
Covington, WA 98042
All funding requests must directly benefit the community of Covington, WA. Requests should avoid partisan political involvement or the funding, teaching or advocacy of religious doctrine.
Funding requests must be for an organization and not for specific individuals.
Funding for projects will be limited to one year. An additional request may be made the following year.
A means should be provided for recognizing Covington Rotary’s involvement in funding the program.
Funding requests should be submitted a minimum of 30 days in advance of project. Each funding request shall be reviewed at our monthly board meetings and approval and/or denial will be determined within 60 days of receipt of completed application.
- Requests must avoid political involvement or the teaching or advocacy of religious doctrine.
- Funding should be for an organization and not for a specific individual.
- A means should be provided for recognizing Rotary’s involvement in funding the program
- Funding requests will normally be reviewed by the Rotary Club of Covington within 60 days of submittal. Please advise if special time constraints exist.
- Applications can be given directly to a Rotary Club of Covington member or sent to Rotary Club of Covington, PO Box 8401, Covington, WA 98042.
The Club generally does not award grants for the following:
- Administrative salaries or annual operating expenses
- Personal travel/transportation costs
- Projects supported by parents for the benefit of their own children, such as youth activity teams, trips, camps, scholarships, etc.
- Projects for religious or political purposes
- Projects of a highly controversial nature
- More than two consecutive years of funding except those projects directly associated with The Rotary Club of Covington
- Fundraisers designed to raise dollars to grant out to another organization
We are more likely to fund:
- Programs that benefit youth
- Programs and activities to improve health/safety
- Programs that provide housing/basic living needs
- Requests that focus on education
- Requests that benefit a large number of recipients
- Requests that will benefit recipients over multiple years
Grants generally range from $100-$2,500. When and if additional monies are available, the Club will entertain requests for projects over $2,500.Grants may or may not fund 100% of the project cost. The Club Board of Directors will make the final decision on grant applications up to $2500.00, with majority member approval required above that level. The application may be accepted, denied, or tabled for more information. The amount granted may be less than the amount requested. Grants are limited to one per project in a twelve-month period, and for only two consecutive years for a project, except for continuing Rotary programs. If a request is declined, an organization may reapply the following year.
Each grant must be acknowledged in writing promptly upon receipt of the grant funds. In addition, the grant recipient may be asked to attend a meeting of the Rotary Club of Covington for presentation of the grant award. It is also requested that all grant recipients provide a letter indicating how grant funds were used within 60 days from the end of the funded project, and a grant recipient may be required to present a report on the progress and outcomes of their project to the Rotary Club membership. The Club may issue information to the media about its grant awards, and recipients should acknowledge The Rotary Club of Covington in their publicity.