Litter Clean-Up Project
Litter clean-up for downtown Covington February 22nd with Kentlake Interact Volunteers.
Dwelling House Building in Honduras
Funding for and help building homes in Honduras
More About Our Projects
Thanks to generous donors like you we have been able to raise over $60,000 and more in each of the last 10 auctions. One hundred per cent of these funds are used to support the Covington Rotary Club projects in our local community and throughout the world through our club’s foundation.
Some recent projects include:
- Funding for local food banks including The Storehouse (Covington’s food bank) and other South King County food banks
- Funding of a large cooler for Elk Run Farm (local farm that provides fresh produce for 12 South King County food banks)
- Funding three (3) annual $2,500 scholarships at Green River College for local students and adults
- Support Interact and Rotaract Clubs at Kentwood HS, Kentlake HS, Mattson MS and Green River College
- Support for the Covington “Purple Lights Night” and the Annual Take a Step Against Domestic Violence 5K Walk to raise awareness of Domestic Violence
Funding for Kent YMCA
- Support local law enforcement during the Shop-with-a Cop Christmas gift buying day at the Covington Walmart
- Funding for Covid-19 Relief via Emergency PPE for MultiCare Health System
- Employment of local youth with developmental disabilities
- Funding for youth bike programs: Bicycle Rescue for Youth and Tahoma Youth Mountain Bike Club
- Beautify green space in Covington
- Funding and support to provide clean water, books and English learning to children in the ghettos in Rio, Brazil
- Funding and support of meal programs and healthcare for Children’s Paths Orphanage in the Ukraine
- Funding for Rwanda Vocational Education Project
- Funding for and help building homes in Honduras
- Funding for education of girls and women through the Avivara Foundation in Guatemala
We will be starting our 12th year of the Backpack Buddies Program this fall! Although our 11th year was much different from previous years and our Backpack Buddies Program was on hold for most of the year, we are gearing up for next year as we believe it will be still a very tough year for those children whose parents have lost their jobs during the pandemic and are struggling to get back on their feet.
The Rotary Club of Covington and The Storehouse Foodbank of Covington finance, organize and administer a program that provides more than 200 elementary school children with food for the weekend. We are predicting that next year the numbers will go up so there is a great need for funds this year.
Every week throughout the school year, we collect, fill, and deliver a pack of food to kids who would not otherwise have enough to eat over the weekend. Studies show a correlation between hunger and student performance in school. Teachers, faculty, parents, and students can see the difference a little food makes.
Each bag costs approximately $5.00 per week. Typically, each bag contains nutritional snacks, breakfast items, main meal items, 3-4 drinks, and fresh fruit when available.
Our goal at this year’s auction is $30,000. With your help we can continue to supply the needed food for our community. Thank you for your continued support!